In Yo' Face!!!

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Wave or No Wave?

Question: Do you wave to people you aren't sure are waving to you? You are going to look like a huge ass if they aren't waving to you. On the other hand, if they are waving to you and you don't return wave your an ass.

Sounds like the makings of a Seinfeld episode doesn't? Well, I mentioned I went to Clarendon Grill for Redskins pre-game today. Sometime around 12:30-ish I saw two girls who seemed to be waving in my direction. However, the bar was very dimming lit (as always), and they were a good 100+ ft away so I couldn't tell who it was. I could just make out the silhouette of two women waving. I sort of acknowledged the wave with a head nod and thought about waving back and then thought... what girls do I know that would show up at Redskins pre-game? That doubt made me assume the girls were waving to people at a different table and I didn't wave back. So this moment passed and I didn't think anything of it.

So I'm home later that night and Heather and Tara are in the kitchen. They bring up that they saw me at Clarendon Grill waved and I didn't wave back. Heather's friend apparently were like... "why isn't he waving back?". I had no idea it was them waving. First off my roommates NEVER watch football so why would they be a the Grill for the Redskins pre-game show broadcast? Also, I knew Heather had two guests in staying with us... so if it was four girls rather than two girls I might have pieced it together. As it was, I guess they went to the Grill for brunch b/c they didn't want to cook and had no idea about the whole pre-game thing going on. So anyway, my roommates thought WTF when I didn't wave back. They noticed I did acknowledge them with a head nod so I guess that made it worse. But I've explained my side and they understand what the deal was.

Conclusion: Next time I'll just wave. If they're strangers they'll just be confused. Better to confuse people who don't know you than have people who do know you think you're a prick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home